The Trek of the Kareri Lake ascends the relatively remote trails through magnificent forests and secluded Hindu villages not yet connected to the road. Kareri Lake is also an ideal base from which to explore the upper ridges of the Dhauladhar to savor the views across the Kangra valley as well as glimpse the high peaks that extend beyond the PirPanjal to the Himalayan Range.
- DAY 01: Mcleodganj - Kareri village (1870m) Trek/13km
Morning arrival at McleodGanj by overnight Volvo Bus. Assistance on arrival and transfer to Hotel for fresh up. After breakfast we start drive to Satobari and then start trek downhill to Ghera a little hydro project. The trek is goes through the pine forests and crosses several tribal villages on the way. Lunch at Ghera. After lunch we start trek uphill to Kareri. Afternoon we reach at Kareri. O/N Camp at Kareri Adventure camp.
- DAY 02: Kareri village to Kareri Lake (3250m) Trek/14 km
Trail goes through mixed forests of oak, rhododendron and pine. First 2 Km is a level walk and then there is sleep ascent along Kareri Nullah Stream which has to be crossed over a number of times over improvised wooden bridges.
Night stay in tents at bank of Kareri Lake.
- DAY 03: Kareri Lake to Kareri Village (2400 m) Trek/14 km
After a short from the lake, is a steep descent through the forest to Kareri village. After lunch at Kareri Adventure Camp we drive back to Dharamshala.
Night stay at temple.
PRICE INCLUDE :
- Camping Include Dome/Alpine shape tents Include sleeping Bags,Sleeping Mattress, Kitchen and Toilet facility.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with breakfast on Day 01 to breakfast on Day last of the trek.
- Refreshment during Cycling.
- Back up van.
- Professional guide.
- Best quality Cycles.
- Bone fire.
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleodganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- 25 % of the total payment at the time of booking.Full and final payment on arrival time.
- 8 days before the tour starting date : 50% charge.
- less then 7 days no refund.
THINGS TO BRING
- Day sack to carry water bottle, camera, personal clothing
- sports shoes.Any running shoes that you are comfortable to walk with
- Sun protection : sun screen lotion, sun glasses and cap.
- T-Shirts, loose trouser while walking.
- Lights jacket or wind proof jacket.
- Flip flops.
- Small Torch and rain coat in case of rain.
- Personal medicines if any.
SAMPLE MENU :
- BREAKFAST : Butter / Jam / Toast / Omelette / Porridge / Alloo Prantha Tea or Coffee
- HOT LUNCH : Rice / Dal / Mix Veg / Green salad / Papad / Pickle etc.
- EVENING TEA : with Cookies and Pakora.
- DINNER : Soup / Rice / Chapatis / Mix Veg. / Dal / Mutter Paneer / Green Salad / Papad and Pickle etc.