MAXIMUM ALTITUDE Gag Pass - 4243 m
SEASON April - June & October - November
ACCOMODATION Tents - 5 nights
Gag Pass is located to the left side of the Bhim Ghasotri Pass 4580m.The climb is precipitous and demanding but negotiable. The biggest lake in this region is Lam dal which is take 45 minutes from the top. If one walks to the right of the Gag Pass, one can visit a very beautiful small lake called “ Chanderkoop” located almost on the top of the ridge valley.The view of the Lamdal and the valley below to Drakund is most fascinating and eye-catching.
- DAY 01 and02: Mcleodganj - Kareri Village (1870m) Trek/14km
This village is inhabited by shepherds who have small holding of terraced fields. The trek passes through Tibetan children village, Dal Lake, Stobari and ghera along Pine trees. Gentle descent up to Ghera and then followed by a steep climb of about 2.5 km to reach the rest house.O/N at Kareri Adventure camp.
- DAY 03: Kareri Village – Bagga (2950m) Trek/10km
The routes heads up to Bagga on a shepherd trail and it takes about 3 to 4 hours to reach Bagga.This place is located on a ridge and has to place to pitch the tents.Also there is small sarai made by local people for stay.There is thin vegetation around this place.Bagga offers views of the valley.O/N at Bagga.
- DAY 04: Bagga - Lamdal over Gag Pass (4243 m) Trek/10 km
It takes about 5-6 hours to reach the Lamdal lake from Bagga.The trek is being developed by the pilgrims who visit every year during Janmastmi for holy shower.This is the shortest route to Lamdal and Gag Pass but very steep and arduous.O/N stay at Lake side.
- DAY 5 : Lam Dal - Kareri Lake (3300m) Trek/ 8km
After a steep Journey for at least six to seven hours the the trek come towards one more historical lake which called Kareri Lake. Overnight stay at lake side.
- DAY 6: Kareri Lake - Kareri Village (1700m) Trek/10km
After a short from the lake is a steep descent through the will came back to Kareri Village. Afternoon we reach at Kareri Village where we have hot lunch and the drive back to McleodGanj.
PRICE INCLUDE :
- Trekking and Camping Include Dome Shape Tents / Sleeping Bags / Sleeping Mattress / Toilet Tent and Kitchen Tent etc.
- All vegetarian meals beginning with Lunch on Day 01 to Lunch on Day 06.
- Porters for client baggage (one bag per client not weighing more than 15 kgs)
- Camping equipment – international quality equipment will be provided
- Professional guide and Instructor.
- Cook and Kitchen helper.
- Travel between Delhi and Mcleodganj (can be arranged by us on request)
- Any meals/services not mentioned above
- Any charges for video cameras, still cameras, etc.
- Alcohol, soft drinks, beverages, etc.
- Personal expenses like tips, telephone calls, laundry, etc.
- Any costs arising out of unforeseen circumstances like landslides, road blocks, bad weather, etc.
- 25 % of the total payment at the time of booking.Full and final payment on arrival time.
- 8 days before the tour starting date : 50% charge.
- less then 7 days no refund.
THINGS TO BRING
- Day sack to carry water bottle, camera, personal clothing
- sports shoes.Any running shoes that you are comfortable to walk with
- Sun protection : sun screen lotion, sun glasses and cap.
- T-Shirts, loose trouser while walking.
- Lights jacket or wind proof jacket.
- Flip flops.
- Small Torch and rain coat in case of rain.
- Personal medicines if any.
SAMPLE MENU :
- BREAKFAST : Butter / Jam / Toast / Omelette / Porridge / Alloo Prantha Tea or Coffee
- HOT LUNCH : Rice / Dal / Mix Veg / Green salad / Papad / Pickle etc.
- EVENING TEA : with Cookies and Pakora.
- DINNER : Soup / Rice / Chapatis / Mix Veg. / Dal / Mutter Paneer / Green Salad / Papad and Pickle etc.